Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Letter of Apology...to my Dogs

Dear Dixie, Shooter & Hunter,

I'm sorry. For what, you ask? For letting Waylon chase you with the vacuum. But, he's too little to vacuum, you think. Yes, we know. So, we bought him his own little red Dirt Devil play vacuum that lights up and makes sounds like Mommy and Daddy's vacuum, so he can pretend to vacuum, while we vacuum the house. He likes to pretend to clean, and for this Mommy and
Daddy are very thankful (this can be VERY helpful in the future!). He does tend to get a little bored. And as you pups tend to stand in whatever three corners of the house the vacuum cleaner is not sucking up YOUR dog hair, like three hairy, four-legged baseball players, on all the bases, ready to steal home, Waylon finds it hilarious to chase each of you with his vacuum. And for some reason, you get terrified...of the fake vacuum...pushed by the 30-something pound toddler, high-steppin' it in a diaper. Maybe I would be, too, if I were you, but I find it HI-larious, so I let it happen. How can you blame me? You give death snarls to birds and bark ferociously at things you smell in the wind (that you don't even see), but a plastic toy touches your paw, and you jump and run...in your own house? Pi-ti-ful. Geez oh peez, oh hound dogs of mine. Well, like I said, I'm sorry for letting this happen to you. Terrifying you in your own home. But, it's still gonna happen. Get used to it. And as Waylon gets older, it's probably going to only get worse, but just know I will intervene on your behalf, if gets too mean. If it's just funny, you're on your own.

Love You Stinky Faces!
The Diablo of Dirt
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment