Friday, September 16, 2011

My Friday Fives


1. If you had a weekly newspaper column, what would you name it? Hmm...if it were just a column about my everyday thoughts, it would be something blase' like "Thoughts on Life, From a Mama & Wife." But, if it were a Q&A column, where people sent in their questions seeking out my advice, it would be something like, "Listen Up & Listen Good - And I Don't Want to Hear Any Backtalk," haha. Sometimes, I would just like to tell people what I think, you know!

2. Who is your mentor/inspiration? I don't have any one particular person. I look up to people who take a stand, who make things happen, who overcome, who fight for others, who do what's right.

3. What is your wake up beverage of choice? Coffee! But, if my little eye happens to spy a Dr. Pepper in the refrigerator, sometimes it wins out over that hot, little mug.

4. Would you wear your mom's clothes? My mom likes to wear dresses...every.single.day. So, that would be a "No." Love you Mom!

5. When you were a kid, did you put posters on your wall? If so, what were they of? Yes, of course, duh! Joey, from New Kids on the Block. And can I get a JTT, in tha' house? Jonathan Taylor Thomas, what what? Haha! I was such a teeny bopper, boy band lover - it even spilled over into NSYNC. Oy! I will not be ashamed, though, of the Billy Idol posters I had on my walls in my rock'n'roll themed, LP album covers turned wallpaper apartment in my early 20's. Billy Idol still rocks!

1. Right now, our weather is slightly cool, but what I'd really like is for it to be really chilly and to have to wear a hoodie everywhere I go!

2. I like to let my hair down and spend the day relaxing with my husband and son and our dogs, with the windows down in the house, a cool breeze blowing through, music playing on the radio, reading books, doing laundry, taking a nap in the middle of the day, spending time with each other, working on projects and just plain ol' enjoying life.

3. Mommy Rambles made a post about heroes... my hero is my husband, Eric, because he had a rough life, growing up as a son of a member of the Special Forces. He joined the Army, choosing to go Airborne, which meant overcoming his fear of heights. We have been apart more than we have been together during our 5 years together and our 4 years of marriage. He has been through 2 deployments. The 1st was during my entire pregnancy, for which he thankfully got to come home for our son's birth, but had to return when he was 7 days old and came home 5 months later. His 2nd deployment was a year long, which is hard for a daddy to do; to leave his family, his little boy who changes so much in a year, but he does it for so much more than what we are. There is a lot of sacrifice that has been given up, so that is why he is our personal hero.

4. It's a weird combination, but I swear hoodies and flip flops are a perfect pair!

5. Some may see the glass half empty and others may see it half full, but I don't gauge my life by a glass. I keep a positive outlook on life and pray that God keeps me in His good graces, and that I can do His will to help others. Thinking positive and having a good outlook on life is what keeps me going; not looking at the ups and downs of every single day. Everyday won't be perfect, and that is okay by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment