Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mama Bird & Her Babies








We got to witness these little cuties getting fed by their loving Mama, while we took Waylon and his cousin, Hayden, on their first fishing trip (more on that in another blog post). Their nest was up in one of the rafters of the picnic area. Mama Bird would circle the area twice, swoop in to feed the babies and then fly off again for more food. The babies were so cute! I loved the little fluffiness on top of their heads! Looked like little baby bird mohawks! There were quite a few nests in the rafters, and a different type of Mama Bird was feeding her babies directly across from this Mama. We couldn't see her babies, though. I guess they were little bitty and probably super duper cute! She kept eyeballin' me, like "Touch my babies, and I will peck your eyes out!" I have a couple pictures of her looking at my camera with her head turned to the side. :)

Mama Birds taking care of their fluffy little baby birds...

Just another reason why I love, love, love NATURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment