Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lessons Learned


I am linking up again with Karen from Celebrate Life for this week's "Lessons Learned." Have I mentioned before that she and her husband recently finalized their adoption and brought home their daughter, Charlotte, from the Ukraine? She is adorable! Plus, they're a military family! That's why I fell in love with her blog, when I came across it. Inspiring, since we are on a similar path... You should check out her blog, as well. Here are some of the lessons I learned this week:

- Sometimes, my child will want his milk in a regular cup and sometimes, he will want it in a sippy cup. Whichever cup I put it in - he will usually want it in the other type of cup. Never fails!

- "Wocwit" = (Translation) = Chocolate

- An old trained beagle will stay around its master outside without a leash on, unless he finally gets to meet the neighbor's dog, that he constantly plays with through the backyard fence. In this case, he will get so excited, that he will take off running down the street, ears flapping in the wind, causing his master to run after him. He will then see a cat in another neighbor's yard... Good thing he's just a baying/barking hound dog, and his master is a PT champ.

- It is enjoyable to see your toddler getting bigger, watching him learn to put his shoes on by himself, learning to pull up his shorts by himself. When your husband comes home from work and remarks that your son's shorts on backwards - that's ok. This is just a sign that he is still my little boy (and that we didn't go out in public). *Tear* *Sigh*

- Apparently, carrots are evil.

- The hubs and I believe our son could live off of condiments alone. We are going to become ketchup and ranch dressing packet hoarders, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment