Thursday, April 7, 2011

"100 Facts About Me"

I have seen on some other blogs that I frequent, some ladies doing blog postings entitled "100 Facts About Me." I felt the need to accept the challenge, as well. I don't even know if I can come up with 100 facts about myself, let alone, 100 interesting facts about myself. Let's see...



  1. I was born in Houston, TX. (boring)

  2. My first name, Hester, is my mother's maiden name.
  3. She chose it because her parents had no boys to carry on the name, and then decided for sure after reading "The Scarlet Letter."

  4. I am a mix of Italian/Spanish/Mexican descent.
  5. I called my grandmothers "Brown Granny" and "Black Granny," because of their hair color...still do.
  6. My father was adopted, but we strangely look like our non-blood relatives.
  7. I have extremely curly hair, and yes, it's natural.
  8. My curls didn't show up until the 6th grade. It was only wavy until then - thank you, hormones.
  9. I have four gray hairs.
  10. I found the first one at around age 22. Boo...
  11. I am happy and proud that they seem to have a slow growth rate.
  12. I could not swallow pills until last fall.
  13. I still can't swallow big pills or capsules, but I'm okay with that.
  14. I used to think I got my head stuck between the bars at the elephant cage at the zoo - turned out it was just a dream. Thanks for letting me tell everyone that story, until I graduated from high school, Mom.
  15. I hate humidity.
  16. Wasps and bees and other flying, stinging insects make me act like a buffoon.
  17. I have never broken a bone.
  18. I am a champion speller, and I like to correct people. If you find a mistake in this blog posting, I will say mean things out loud about you to myself at my computer, edit the post to correct my mistake and then ask you what in the world you were talking about. So, don't do it. :)
  19. I used to act in drama classes, and I loved it.
  20. Now, public speaking makes me nervous. Go figure.

  21. I enlisted in the United States Army in November 2005 as a Topographic Analyst.
  22. Basic Training was the hardest, but best time of my life. Well, when it came to pushing myself to my limits.
  23. I was usually the last to finish the ruckmarch, and sometimes I cried silently under my kevlar the whole way, because my body was achy from ruckin' the day before, but I never once gave up my rucksack or got a ride from the Drill Sgt's. That's something to be proud of.
  24. My mom jokingly called me "Private Benjamin," before I left for Basic.
  25. One time, after the Drill Sgt's gave us a break on a long ruckmarch, I got back up to start going and after taking a few steps, one of the Drill Sgt's asked, "Hey, Private, you forget something?" I looked back to see my rucksack sitting on the side of the road. Oh, yeah. Duh! Haha!
  26. Although I am naturally brunette, I do tend to have VERY blonde moments!
  27. I had my first real kiss, when I was 18.
  28. I think the Seafood Gumbo at Goode Co. Seafood in Houston, TX is hands-down the best gumbo anywhere!
  29. My parents were divorced, when I was in 7th grade.
  30. I am allergic to spinach - it makes me break out in itchy hives on my face.
  31. I am not saddened by my allergy to spinach.
  32. I hate feet. I probably would hate yours, too.

  33. I never used to wear open-toed shoes, but now I live in flip-flops.
  34. I love to read!
  35. I read the most books in my whole school in 6th grade. I was a cute lil' nerd, and I'm smarter than you, too. :)
  36. We used to go camping every summer in Colorado.
  37. My two favorite places in the world are: Haleiwa, HI and Estes Park, CO.
  38. I enjoy life in a big city, and I miss it.
  39. I do really like it, though, that I have had no wait time to register my license plate tag 3 years in a row!
  40. Being a mom has been my favorite thing about me. Well, Waylon is my favorite thing about me.
  41. I really think he is the cutest thing ever - I know I'm biased, but he is!
  42. When I first met Eric, I thought he looked like Danny from New Kids on the Block. Now, I'm like - Why in the world did I think that? He does not, haha.
  43. My husband and I are complete opposites when it comes to motivation. He has all the motivation in the world, when it comes to anything, and I'm the one who's like - let's just chill...
  44. I love to decorate! Our house is a constant work-in-progress. Little by little it is coming together to be gah-geous! (BTW, I know that is spelled wrong.)

  45. I think every house should have a black and white picture frame wall. It looks so sharp...if you do it right.
  46. I want to live in Colorado, like, now!
  47. We are going to adopt! Pray for us on our journey.
  48. I like turquoise jewelry. Maybe it's a Texas thing.
  49. I like cats. Eric doesn't. So, we have dogs. I like dogs, too. We have good dogs.
  50. Scrapbooking is a hobby of mine, and I'm pretty good at it. And yes, I will toot my own horn, thank you very much. Who's gonna do it, if I don't?
  51. Oh, yeah. I'm Mexican, but I hardly know Spanish - no habla espanol.
  52. I get told I look like Toula from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" a lot. I love that movie. "Put some Windex on it."
  53. I give money to St. Jude as often as possible.
  54. Bluegrass music is amazing!
  55. I have never finished reading my Bible all the way through, but I'm working on it.
  56. Listening to Waylon say his prayers at night warms my heart.
  57. A t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops is my uniform. I'm working on making my uniform "grow-up" a bit.
  58. I heart pasta...
  59. A really nice camera is on my wish list. I don't know which one. Just a good one. Good = expensive...I know that much.
  60. I'm a good driver. My husband even said so.
  61. Being a good driver does not mean I know the terms of what is inside my vehicle. That thing and the...you know... the springy-bob...whatever. As long as the car is running, my A/C works and my radio is playing a song; I'm good.
  62. People disappoint me and don't even know they've done it. I've learned it's not even worth it to try to bring it to their attention any longer. Sad, but true.
  63. I used to get a pedicure every 2 weeks. Oh, how I wish I could do that again.
  64. My nickname growing up was Binky.
  65. I didn't have a relationship with my dad for awhile after I turned 18. Then, I wrote him off and on for 2 years with no response. I finally received a birthday card from him on my 21st birthday. I broke down and cried. We have had a strong bond ever since.
  66. I thought Waylon was going to be a girl, when I was pregnant. Boy, was I wrong. :)
  67. I went through my entire pregnancy alone, while my husband was deployed to Afghanistan, and my family lived in another state.
  68. I am three classes away from an Associate's Degree. Woot!

  69. I was accepted to Texas A&M University, but was too afraid to go, because of a testing anxiety I had developed my senior year of high school.
  70. My sister and I get along well on the phone; we talk almost everyday. But, once we get together; about ten minutes later, I'm ready for her to leave. :)
  71. I love sour pickles, but cannot stand bread and butter ones!
  72. Chocolate chip cookies are heavenly.
  73. My Black Granny makes the best spaghetti and meatballs you will ever taste!
  74. I am starting an Etsy shop, making beaded jewelry. Hopefully, I will be able to add different kinds of designs and fun things later on, as well!
  75. Southern Living is my favorite magazine.
  76. I don't like trying out new recipes, because my hubby is so picky. I grew up loving all things Tex-Mex, and he...didn't.
  77. Whataburger fries and ketchup are high up on the reasons I miss Texas most, haha!
  78. I don't like the bump in my nose.
  79. Country music tends to be my fave.

  80. Opening the windows and putting on some music does wonders for my soul.
  81. I like to start out my day with 2 cups of coffee. Otherwise, it's a yawn-fest.
  82. Journal writing has been therapeutic for me. It's just plain ol' enjoyable to write down everything to "someone" who can't talk back, who just listens, who never judges and who lets me unload my burdens onto them.
  83. Road-trips are fun.
  84. I hate running. Even when I was in the Army, I hated running. I think I was made for walking, so that is what I do.

  85. I like walking. Walking works for this gal. Unless a flying, stinging insect is chasing me: see buffoon topic above.

  86. My husband and I have only celebrated 1 out of 4 anniversaries together, due to deployments. We have to be strong, and we have to have faith.
  87. We got married on a beach in Hawaii. It's okay to be jealous.
  88. I'm about to turn 30. (ugh)
  89. My husband is still going to be 25. I have decided to remain 30, until he turns 30. At that point, my aging process will continue. I think it's a swell plan.

  90. Pens with fuzzy bobbles at the top make me happy.
  91. When I see my dog eat poop, I get disgusted. Then, I yell at them. Then, I clean their mouth off with a baby wipe. Then, I send them to their kennel. Then, I remember for a whole day to not let them kiss me or Waylon, because one day will make it cleaner. Right? Gross.
  92. I'm lactose intolerant. Doesn't stop the love for ice cream, though.

  93. I tend to be lazy...
  94. I used to collect pencils...shut up!
  95. Hydrangeas and plumeria are my favorite flowers.
  96. I'm tattooed - four times.
  97. My dad calls me Heto; he calls my husband and son Hito; and Waylon calls him Wito (for Jualito). It can get confusing.

  98. I still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up.
  99. I love my little family with all of my heart. They are the most important people in my life.
  100. I'm funny, if you couldn't already tell. If you haven't laughed at this posting at some point, leave my blog. Well, first, follow my blog, then leave my blog, because I'm funny.

There - I did it. "100 Facts About Me." Geez, Louise! I can't believe I came up with that much information. Probably useless, overall. Probably not anything you really needed to know in order to get through your day. But, that's alright. I'm satisfied. I feel accomplished. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment