Friday, April 1, 2011

A New Dino Backpack for "School"













I made the cutest purchase this week! A Dino Backpack for the little man. He's never carried a backpack before. It was just too cute to pass up! It was half-off, plus I got an extra 20% off with our military discount. 70% off? Yes, please. (Thank you, Clarksville Cracker Barrel!) I knew Waylon would be going back to hourly care every so often, so I figured it was time to upgrade him to a "big boy" backpack.

He hasn't been to hourly care in a few months, but with Eric coming back soon, I need some child-free housecleaning sessions. I also had an appointment today that he couldn't come to. He was a little shy at first, but when I went to pick him up, he yelled across the playground, "Hi, Mommy!" Just yelled it, over and over again, while he kept right on playing, haha. A lot of the teachers from before were there, and even though he's in a different room, they were coming up and talking to him, commenting on how big he's gotten. I thought that was sweet.

I like for him to go to "school." I like that he has the socialization with other children and adults. I like that other adults are able to teach and discipline him - I don't want to be the only person he will listen to. I like that he does different things there, that he has different experiences there. And I like being away from him on occasion. There, I said it. It's just for a couple hours, but it can be nice to be kid-free for an afternoon. I'm with him 24/7, 365 days a year - we are on deployment time, baby.

Time away from each other is healthy. I bet if you asked him, and he understood what you were talking about, he would say the same thing. It makes the moment I go to pick him up even more special. Seeing his little face light up, when he sees me - him wrapping his little arms around my knees - me telling him how much I missed him - taking his little hand in mine to walk out the door - special moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment