Sunday, May 22, 2011

Daisy Mae Button Earrings Tutorial

Here it is, folks...my first tutorial...and we'll see if it won't just be my last, haha. I've been making lots of items for my Etsy shop, so I thought I would show how I made one of the pairs of button earrings that I recently listed. It is so easy to make, you'll think to yourself, "I could do that." Yeah, you can...but you just may not have the time. I've got lots of time on my hands, people. So here goes...

How to Make "Daisy Mae" Button Earrings

All that's needed for this project are pictured above: a hot glue gun (I used one with a high heat setting), the glue sticks (can't do much without those!), a cute pair of buttons and earring backs. These supplies were all purchased at Hobby Lobby (as it is the only craft store in town).

The first step...argh!...first tutorial FAIL...did not show cutting tool in supplies photo.
Buy one of these tools, too, which I don't know the name of. I bought a mini jewelry tool set, that came in a 3-pack.

Alright...moving on. I used this tool to
clip off the small, rectangular stem that was protruding from the back of the button. This gives it a flat surface to glue to the earring posts in the next step.

The next step is to put a dot of hot glue on the earring post and affix it to the desired position on the button. I held the button to the earring post for 30 seconds and then let it sit for awhile before moving it around for pictures.

And VOILA! There you have a cute, little pair of daisy button earrings. (The button holes kind of look like eyes, so they look like happy, little flowers, too.) Perfect to pair with a summer dress or for a little girl's earring collection!

Wasn't that super easy? Now, appreciate that you can make them yourself, and go buy them from my shop, haha! Just kidding...kinda! Happy Crafting, Y'all!

Click the links above.
I'm linking up at Tatertots & Jello & Flamingo Toes!


No comments:

Post a Comment