Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Since the hubs has gone off to reintegration for the morning - no, the Army does not pause for Mother's Day - I figured I would write a quick post about why I love being a Mommy. Or in particular, Waylon's Mommy, since he is my one and only...well, for now at least.

One reason is for sure his laugh. I have never heard a better sound in the world, than Waylon cracking up at something. And it's infectious; there is no way I can keep myself from laughing, when he gets me going.
Which leads to another reason - his super-sweet smile. He has the cutest little smile, with the cutest little teeth, and when he smiles, his eyes crinkle up just so...ah, he's so cute! But, who doesn't think their kid is cute? I know, I know, I'm such a mom, but I've got to play the "My kid is super cute" card. :)

And he's really sweet. He asks if I'm ok, if I cough. Or, poor baby, when I accidentally ram his head into a display table at Old Navy, which leads to some serious crying, in the middle of me comforting him, and feeling like THE WORST mother in the world, he says "It's ok." Like a brave little soldier, with those big ol' crocodile tears in his eyes...

His little arms hugging me around my neck, witnessing his funny, determined, little run, watching him explore his little world, questioning why in the world he wants to bring his miniature broom along with us in the wagon for a walk in the neighborhood. He boggles my mind at times and then leaves me completely breathless with my love for him. Day by day, it seems my heart grows for him, more than I ever could have imagined.

And it's not perfect. I'm not the perfect Mommy, and I'm sure that we will have our fair share of "moments," as he gets older. But, for now, he's my baby, and I'm gonna wrap him up in my arms and love on him as much as possible. So, for all the other mommies out there - enjoy your day - you deserve it! And don't forget to call your mom!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment