Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I've Been Challenged

So, the hubs has issued me a 7-Day Challenge...and it's 3-fold, dangit! Here's the details:

The 1st Part - No Soda
He has this weird fear of what the carbonation is doing to the inside of our bones. He stopped drinking all soda before Christmas and would like for me to do the same. I stopped drinking it last year, but just started drinking sweet tea instead for the caffeine. I'm doing Weight Watchers, and sweet tea has points, while diet soda doesn't. So, I had started drinking diet soda again. Ugh! Now, I'm really going to have to savor my moments of sweet tea goodness! Thanks, hubs!

The 2nd Part - Walk 6 miles
You might think - wow, he's a jerk. But, no, I actually started a walking club, the Concrete Crushers, about 6 weeks ago and have yet to win for the most mileage in one week. Kinda pitiful, wouldn't you say? Haha. Plus, we have been doing more things together as a family, like walking and bike riding, and Waylon really loves his wagon rides. As long as it's not raining, I can make 6 miles happen. Who am I kidding? I have a treadmill...it can happen even if it rains all week. No excuses for me. :)

The 3rd Part - No Sweets
Seriously? This was the worst. I have the biggest sweet tooth, especially for chocolate. I {heart} Hershey's! I don't understand people who don't like chocolate. Like, what is wrong with them? Honestly. This part of the challenge made me immediately angry. Usually, if I cut things out, it is one at a time - not soda and sweets on the same day! But, then we agreed that we could make all-natural sweet treats that have honey as the sweetness factor, instead of processed sugar. Ahh...my sweet tooth calmed down a bit.

So, did I accept this challenge? Yes. The hubs even offered an incentive of my own choosing at the end of the 7 days for completing the challenge. He said to start out small, and we can up the ante with the next challenge. The next challenge? Oy vey!

Now, I have to come up with an incentive for completing my challenge. I was thinking a $5 or $10 gift card to a fun store. And he can't just give me the money - he actually has to go out and give me the gift card. Sweet Satisfaction! Hmm...where to send him for my gift card. Any ideas?

*Note - I did forewarn him that bitchiness might rear its ugly, little head this week. He has been warned.*

No comments:

Post a Comment