Thursday, August 11, 2011

I Saw Lillie Mae!

I finally got to do something I've wanted to do since I got to Tennessee!

It was even on My To-Do List - and yes, I crossed it off.

What is it, you ask?



I got to see Lillie Mae play at Layla's Bluegrass Inn on Broadway!





Who is Lillie Mae?

Check out the video below. She's the gal with the short brown hair. She is formerly of the family group, Jypsi. I fell in love with them and their music a couple years ago when they perf
ormed on a local morning news show. She and her brother play with another band now called Just Plain Trouble. But, I still love Jypsi's music. And Lillie Mae has just got some amazing talent!



Listen to the main vocals on this track below.

(The song is actually only about 3:30 minutes. The rest of the video after that is black.)







Here's some pictures from when we saw Lillie Mae and her brother play.



We just happened to be on Broadway that day, and when we passed by, I saw them in the window. I was stoked! Yay! Their band likes to play a lot of Waylon Jennings songs, too, so we got them to play one for our Waylon, and they thought his name was cool.







You can check Jypsi out on iTunes. That's where I downloaded their music.

Although, they are no longer a band, their music stays on repeat in my car.



Fingers crossed that Lillie Mae gets a record deal soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment