Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Limelight Hydrangeas







Yes, I know. These things are HUGE!



When my mom came in town last summer, this was my birthday present. My flower garden. I wanted it, and since my mom has two ginormous green thumbs (this has a tiny bit of sarcasm - she has normal thumbs - just quite a bit of knowledge of all things flowery and beautiful), I wanted her to help me beautify my front flower bed. She helped me design the bed and choose the flowers for the garden.



Actually, I only wanted hydrangeas. Why? Um, hello? They're gorgeous!



So, she just fronted the money. Woot. :)



Little did I know, that this particular plant, the Limelight Hydrangea, would grow as tall as it did and have such big, beautiful blooms as it has had. Just look at it. I don't even want to cut them and put them in a vase. I just want to be able to come home and see it everyday out in its beautiful summery glory. Yes, it is weighing down the stems away from the house, but that's okay. It only blooms once a year, so I'm letting it have its moment in the sun.



Ah...I love hydrangeas!


How could you not love something that does this naturally?

God does some
amazing things for us to enjoy.



Go take some time today to check some of them out. You will be glad that you did.




No comments:

Post a Comment