Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday Sweetness Vol. 1

I thought I would do a little series on the bloggy-poo here on Saturdays to let people know a little about me: Things I Like, Things I Don't Like, Little-Known Facts, etc. You know, just three little things a week to say - Here Ya' Go - Get to Know Bri - Just 3 Lil' Bits at a Time.

Thus, Saturday Sweetness was born.



This week's topic:

Bri's Sayings






Rethink Your Situation

This is usually said to my dogs or my toddler when they are about to do something wrong; i.e. jump or stand on my couch (both dogs & toddler), chew a toy (dogs), sit on the coffee table (toddler). You get the picture. It is sort of used as a warning, kind of a precursor, you could say, to a punishment, thus giving the perpetrator the chance to correct their wrongdoing before getting in trouble, haha. I honestly don't know where I came up with it, but it has stuck, and I like it! It's catchy. Rethink Your Situation. Use it. It works. Dogs don't understand it, but they get your tone, if you say it right.



Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire

This is used in lieu of Holy S%#!, and we all know why. I have a toddler, and it's not good to cuss. It's not very lady-like, or very Christian-like. And let's be honest; hearing someone say, "Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire" is pretty funny. And we all know where I got it from. If you haven't heard the song before, do yourself a favor and download it on iTunes. It's a cuh-lassic. Don't Google the singer's history, though, because you will find out that he married his underage cousin, and that's just not very Christian-like people...but I digress.



Geez Oh Peez

This is said all the time. Usually when I'm exasperated. That is mostly caused by the hubs putting his laundry in that one spot on the floor by the bed, instead of that one place where it goes...you know...the laundry basket. Or it's said when I'm comfy on the couch, and one of my three loving dogs is comfy on the floor below my feet, and then the garbage gas starts leaking out of his or her butt for the next hour. *Puke* Or when my toddler goes to throw something away and comes back into the living room with the garbage can lid in his hands, placing it on the coffee table. Things like that call for a "Geez Oh Peez."



No comments:

Post a Comment