Wednesday, August 24, 2011

While We Wait: Praying

I am linking up with Mattie from Bring Hope Home for her "While We Wait" series. This week's topic is "Praying." We are sharing any prayer requests on our hearts, things we need prayers for or sharing any answered prayers. I'm normally pretty private about my prayers, but I will share, because we could all use some extra prayer warriors on our side.

Source

As a family, with Waylon's morning and nightly prayers, we always pray for the children of Africa. May they be clothed, fed, have shelter and love. We urge everyone to pray for the people of Africa and to have a heart for the nation.

We also pray for Sister morning and night, but my heart prays for Carolina Grace all the time. Wherever she may be, even if she is but a tiny egg in her mother's body, I carry her in my heart with me at all times. I know God will care for and watch over her, as He has set us on this path to her. I realize the prayers may be more for my comfort than hers.

I also pray that I can help other adoptive families as often as possible in their journeys to raise funds for their adoptions and/or orphan care and/or mission trips. Whether it's buying a t-shirt, a handmade item on Etsy, donating my handmade items to their auctions, etc. I believe in blessing others, especially when they are bringing a little one home.

The one prayer that has me torn up the most and that is the most personal is for God to be able to touch the people in our lives to understand the reasoning behind our adoption and the reasoning behind our fundraising.
- Some people are understanding, positive and supportive.
-Then, we have our opposite ends of the spectrum people: the ones who completely ignore us, and the people who tend to be negative about everything.

I pray that God can touch their hearts to let them know that:
a) People can talk to us without us forcing them to give us money. (If you can't give, that's ok; God will make it happen in His time. No hard feelings, honestly.)
b) Negativity need not apply. (No, we would rather not adopt from Russia, and yes, we know the dangers of social networking, thank you very much).

Pray for my heart on that last one, to keep me nice and calm and to just simply bite my tongue...because the little chihuahua that lives inside of me - that would be ChiChi - keeps getting jumpy (you know how spastic those little yappers can be). And once he gets to barkin'. Ooh...it's hard to make him stop. Funny as it may be, and I know it is; I just need strength to disregard the negative and stay in the positive.

I'm excited about the future for our family, and I pray everyone could be just as excited! We're having a baby! Yay! It's just a different way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment