Thursday, August 18, 2011

While We Wait: Crafting Fun

I am linking up again with Mattie at Bring Hope Home for her While We Wait series. No one likes to sit around twiddling their thumbs, especially for as long as it takes to save for, do the paperwork, get a referral and then finalize an adoption. So, what does a mama do with time on her hands? She crafts! Here is what I've been up to this past year:



Crafting Fun!



I wanted an earring tree for the longest time, but some of my earrings are a bit... shall I say, large? What's a girl to do? Shop at Hobby Lobby on 50% off Open Frame Day! I got muslin material from the fabric section for about $3.00 and had the people in the Frame Shop stretch it across the back of the frame, staple it and snip off the extra fabric. No muss, no fuss. I may not have actually done it myself, but it was my idea. Work smarter, not harder, folks. :) I did turn a papertowel roll into a bracelet holder and refashioned one of Waylon's wooden toy holders into a ring holder. Go me.



I have done quite a bit of jewelry making for the Etsy shop. All different kinds of stuff, but mainly beaded necklaces and bracelets. It's been time-consuming and fun, but definitely worth all the work put into it. All of the money made from it goes into our adoption fund, so it's all a labor of love. Most definitely!



Ha! I even did a little online tutorial for the bloggy-blog on how to make my Daisy Mae button earrings. It was fun and exciting and made me laugh, because I forgot to photograph one of the tools I used. Didn't realize it until I was writing up the blog. Oh well. First time tutorial mistake, I guess. Everyone's gotta start somewhere. :)



These puzzle pieces have been so fun and exciting to do! I love scrapbooking and totally need to get back into it! I have even added it to my To-Do List. But, these are for our Adoption Scrapbook. They are the corresponding puzzle pieces for the puzzle we are using for our fundraiser. We are writing the names of the sponsors on the back of the actual puzzle, and these pieces will go in her scrapbook, so she can read the names of the people who helped bring her to her forever family. *LOVE*



This is another favorite project of mine. I have been wanting to do it forever. It's a growth chart. Since we are military, I can't just pick a wall or doorframe to mark our son's height. It has to be portable. I decided a while back to buy a regular piece of wood, stain it and put black numbers on it, along with the hatch marks, and maybe something decorative. But, I really secretly wanted my dad to do it...so...I kinda bought the supplies while he was here. I'm going to do everything else; I had just never stained anything before. Plus, that makes it special that our children's Jualito (grandpa) made their growth chart for them. Don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment